My sister invited me to do two things.
1. Visit a fabulous blog made entirely by entries that list ten things (ten things the author of the page has in her refrigerator, ten things she’d love to receive as gifts, etc.)
2. Make my own list of ten things.
If you know me at all, you know list making is a delicious, irresistible compulsion of mine, so I headily accept.
In turn, I invite you to make your own list of ten things. You can either do so in the comment section below, or in your own blog (and then send me the link.)
And now for the first of a total of three lists of ten things.
10 random things I remember from when I was very little
1. My red velvet dress
2. The risers of the stairs at the house in Las Flores, which were at eye level as I crawled up
3. Making bread with my mom, or squishing the flour between my fingers (and toes) while my mom made bread
4. The “I think mice are very nice” poem I learned in first grade
5. Seeing my father's house for the first time
6. Waiting for my mom's husband to come home (he always got me something enrapturing)
7. Beads, shiny things, and the smell of oil paint and thinner
8. Going to the toy store every Sunday to pick whatever I wanted (but only one thing)
9. Swimming in the Pacific Ocean in Puerto Vallarta, which forever hooked me on the Pacific Ocean
10. The Auch Arauch song (which involved walking barefoot in our pajamas over a cobblestone street)
Photo: Real Simple