Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Switch

Through the years, Luca and I have unintentionally, organically split chores. Nine times out of ten he drives. Once I throw out junk, he sorts through our mail and makes sure the bills are paid on time. I usually cook, do laundry, make sure the fridge isn’t empty and manage anything to do with keeping the house organized. He takes out the garbage and changes the light bulbs. You get the picture.

From a purely logistical standpoint, it would be an effort for either one of us to operate without the other for a long period of time.

How healthy is it to divvy up responsibilities? Should we switch back and forth just for practice?

I laugh at the thought of him ironing his shirts. Maybe we should switch back and forth just for our mutual amusement.

(Photo: Amazon.com)

1 comment:

Miguel Cane said...

I confess, I am totally hopeless at ironing. I am such a klutz when it comes to that.

Otherwise, I am the funniest housewife you've ever met.

Much love!
A tutti!