In the spirit of putting myself out there (the very nature of blogging) I will say this: I love TV. Some days I come home late and exhausted and my one desire is to snack and watch program after program until all my grey matter dissolves and pours out of my ears.
I hate that I love it. I’ve often tried to watch less of it. It’s such a time leak. On days I don’t watch it, I blog, I cooks meals for the week, I empty out my inbox, I read, I clean my house, do my laundry and iron every one of Luca’s shirts.
Fortunately, this does not happen very often.
Here is what I like to watch (keep in mind I own a Tivo, so can cover a lot of ground.)
- American Idol. I’m not watching this time (something needed to go) but I did watch the season where Jennifer Hudson was eliminated, and boy, am I glad I was a part of that.
- Heroes. I love any kind of superpower and can fantasize about discovering one of my own.
- 24. Probably the best writing in television, even though I find it hard to manage the absurd levels of stress it causes me.
- Ugly Betty, because ugly can be adorable, and because the hands that rock it are Mexican.
- Grey’s Anatomy. We watched the entire first season during a precious, rainy weekend. The Monday after, we went to work and wondered if we needed to call Dr. Burke to ask him if he was feeling better.
And, yes. I am a die-hard Oprah Winfrey fan. Has there ever been a more incredible woman (besides my mother)? I record all of Oprah’s shows, and then skim over some and watch others (I’ve been known to cover four episodes in an hour if under pressure.)
So, do me a favor and keep the sordid details of your life to yourself, and instead tell me – what do you like to watch? Come on. You know you want to.