Friday, January 3, 2014

Not a morning person


Me: I'd like to end once and for all the single most tortuous battle within me: the discrepancy between what I feel and what I should feel.
Boyfriend: Example?
Me: Why do I still feel anxious about things I can't control? Why can't I always summon grace when I feel wronged? Why can't I replenish faith at will? Why can someone hurt me when I should be beyond their reach? Why do I worry if worry is pointless? Why do I feel an incandescent flare of rage when my heart should only harbour love? Why don't emotions have reins, like wild horses?
Boyfriend: Welcome to being human. You're going to be late for work.


Boyfriend. Not a morning person. 


(Photo: National Geographic.)

1 comment:

Guilie Castillo said...

I like your boyfriend. He and mine would find acres of common pragmatic territory.