My friends Jill, Adriana, Nicole and Miguel requested that I share 25 random things about me.
I know I was supposed to post this text in the notes section of my facebook page and in turn pick 25 other people, but in an attempt to curb the madness, I am writing them here instead:
1. I love to read.
2. I love to write.
3. I love words. Finding the right one is like touching the sky.
4. I love food. To prepare it, to eat it, to talk about it. I will always want to know what you had for dinner.
5. I prefer lemony or spicy over sweet. Green papaya salad over chocolate mousse.
6. I tell the truth as often and as clearly as possible.
7. There are people who had an impact on me who I no longer see. In most cases, I think that’s a shame.
8. I am a lot less extroverted, aggressive, competitive and difficult than people initially assume. Don’t tell.
9. I don't know if there is a God.
10. I believe there is an indestructible kernel of divinity inside each of us.
11. Whenever I had something good going and somehow sabotaged it, I concluded I had a self-destructive streak. I now realize my subconscious knows before I do when I am wrong to assume I have something good going. I have a self-preserving streak, and I trust it.
12. "Reliable" is one of my favorite compliments. (Failing that, I’ll take “smoking hot”.)
13. I will always look over my niece.
14. I learned to swim before I learned to walk. Being under water fills me with a primal happiness.
15. I need space. If I can't get it, I become first distant, then insufferable. I wish I didn’t.
16. I don't like parties. I go through great lengths to avoid them.
17. I feel lucky every day.
18. I feel grateful every day.
19. 87% of the time, I look forward to going to work.
20. 85% of the time, I like what I see in the mirror. The other 15% I think I’m ugly but find solace in the fact that I have uncommonly pretty feet.
21. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
22. I have an aversion to clutter.
23. I have no patience. I wish I did.
24. I used to believe that worrying somehow protected the people that I love. I now think worrying is a colossal waste of energy.
25. The life I have today exceeds all my expectations.