Saturday, February 3, 2007

Soles4Souls

I’m on a massive “cleaning out my closet” kick (which Luca fears will spread through the rest of the house. I admit I’m feeling a tug.)

Flipping through a magazine, I found an organization called Soles4Souls that distributes “gently worn” footwear to people who need shoes (for example, victims of natural disasters).

This organization is less than two years old and has donated almost a million pairs of shoes worldwide. They take the shoes that you bought thinking you’d use and that are just taking up space in your closet.

According to the site, it is estimated that Americans have 1.5 billion pairs of unworn shoes. They use all these to make a difference in someone’s life.

Instead of letting the shoes you don't use gather dust, pack them up and send them to this address:

Soles4Souls, Inc.
Foreign Trade Zone #89
6620 Escondido Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119

No comments: